It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Raising awareness for PMS/PMDD
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:28 pm 

Hi everyone,

I'm writing an article for my University's newspaper highlighting the problems inherent in being female - i.e. the experience of PMS/PMDD. I want to raise awareness of the issue to students, lecturers and people in general. Premenstrual symptoms can be catastrophic when it comes to many aspects of life, and your feedback on your experiences with PMS/PMDD would be very much appreciated to help me write my article. It goes without saying (although here I am, saying it) that all feedback will be kept strictly confidential.

Some questions then:

A) how long does your PMS/PMDD (Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder) last for?
B) what emotional and physical symptoms do you get?
C) how do your symptoms affect your life, in particular work/studies and relationships (family/friends/partner)?
D) what medications , herbal/nutritional supplements or lifestyle changes have you found to help with your PMS/PMDD symptoms?
E) what advice would you give to PMS/PMDD sufferers to help them cope with work/studies and relationships when they are being affected?

If you don't have time/don't want to answer all of the above, just answering one or two would be really great. In fact, just any info at all on your personal experience would be really great!

Thank you!
Evelyn x

Offline Profile