It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Low dose (2mg) Prozac for PMS
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:49 pm 

After reading this article

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/ ... prozac-pms

I started taking 2mg Prozac daily for my PMs (I take it in liquid form, 2mg = 0.5ml) and I've had my first PMS-free month in about a year. It might just be coincidence, or the placebo effect as my doc thinks, but I can't help feeling excited about it. I will send another update in a month to let you know if it's still working, or just a fluke! x

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Low dose (2mg) Prozac for PMS
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:36 pm 

Even if it's a placebo-effect; you've beaten this month's PMDD!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Low dose (2mg) Prozac for PMS
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:48 pm 

I've now had two PMS-free months, so the low-dose Prozac seems to be working. My PMS hasn't vanished completely but instead of spending two whole days crying in bed, I might just snap at my boyfriend a bit - basically I feel like I have 'normal' PMS, not the monster PMS I usually have. I'm still getting some hairloss as a side effect, but my friends and family say they can't see any difference so I'm going to keep taking it.

Even without PMS I know I'm not perfect - I still have sad days and moody days, but they're part of real life and are caused by the things going on around me, not by my hormones. That's fine by me - I don't mind being an emotional person, and having a good cry sometimes, so long as the emotions are based on reality, not just my cycle.

I've had PMS for too long to believe that I've been 'cured'. I've read a lot about the effects of antidepressants wearing off after time, and I'm prepared for that to happen, and I know it might even come back next month - I'll keep you posted anyway! x

Offline Profile