It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Decapeptyl - how long before it starts working? Desperat
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:10 am 

Hi Diffuse

I have just messaged you on another post. This post actually answers some of the questions I asked you in the other one! :lol:

I understand everything you say and are going through as I seem to be a similar stage to you.

I am definitely at that 'hide under duvet' stage right now and not feeling very positive about the future at all.

Fingers crossed that this third jab really starts kicking in. I am taking 1mg sachet of oestrogel. The hospital didn't actually advise on this as the nurse administered the jab and I see my consultant on 12 Jan but I saw a hormone doctor privately and it was her who advised I could try the oestrogen with progesterone only every 3 months so I have just decided to try that.

I don't know about you but every time I increased the oestrogen or changed it slightly in the past made me ill for about a week too.

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on x

Aged 44. History of endo. and period problems. Started seriously trying to sort August 2013 with BC pills, then tried coil and oestrogen, now trying another pill. Going to try GnRH next. Suffer more with physical symptoms although mood is affected too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:45 pm 

Hi Landy! Just saw your other post -- it sounds like you're really having a time. :( My first injection did seem to throw me in the deep end as far as side effects... the joint achiness was so bad it was difficult to walk sometimes, though thankfully that's pretty much gone now (I did have a little bit after I got this last shot, for a day or so). & yes, it felt like PMS massively at first! Apparently that's because it really makes your hormones ramp up before shutting down? So it's like having PMS times fifty or something...

I definitely hear you on the "what if???" cycle. I'm getting a scan next month to see if my uterine lining's building up dangerously (since I'm not taking progesterone), and am petrified that it is and that I'll either be forced to take progesterone or will have to stop the jabs (and I really want to see if these jabs will help, so that I can hopefully get a hysto for a permanent solution if so!).

These past few days I've been feeling a lot better, but it makes me wonder if it's the jab having gotten back into my system or that my cycle still isn't suppressed and I've just gone through the PMS and now am in the part where I'd normally be feeling better mentally because I'd be getting a period!

I really hope things turn around for you soon. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:58 pm 

Hi Diffuse

I will keep everything crossed that this is the start of it working properly for you now. it does sound like things may be starting to work.

It's weird about the joint pain as in my natural cycle I started getting it with pms and then when I tried birth control pills, it goes through the roof.

I won't be impressed if my hair starts thinning more, it already has got thinner in the last couple of years!! :roll:

Good luck with your scan. I would hope it hasn't built up much in this short time. How long are you planning on taking the jabs with oestrogen only? I was going to ask about Livial next month when I see the consultant too, that's something I haven't tried.

I have a feeling my consultant won't be impressed when I say I have been taking unopposed oestrogen - he is the surgeon that did my op for endo in 2009 but a lap last year showed I haven't got it now and I don't think I have. All the symptoms I get don't usually involve the absolute agonising pain I used to get.

Take care and keep us posted x

Aged 44. History of endo. and period problems. Started seriously trying to sort August 2013 with BC pills, then tried coil and oestrogen, now trying another pill. Going to try GnRH next. Suffer more with physical symptoms although mood is affected too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:13 pm 

I think the idea is basically to take the Decapeptyl for maybe 6 months to see if it works and thus a hysterectomy would work -- and then hopefully to get the hysto! I'd be quite happy to have that (it's what I'm hoping they'll agree to!) with HRT (since I know the HRT won't have to include progesterone post-hysto). They won't let me take unopposed estrogen for much longer than that, I think!

I hope you don't get the joint pain w/this now after you've had so much of it before!

Good luck. <3

Offline Profile