It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Trying to stop ovulation with oestrogen & mirena combo
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:27 pm 

Hi diffuse

Sorry I have only just seen your post - I didn't get an email alert.

How are you getting on with the injections?

x

Aged 44. History of endo. and period problems. Started seriously trying to sort August 2013 with BC pills, then tried coil and oestrogen, now trying another pill. Going to try GnRH next. Suffer more with physical symptoms although mood is affected too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:17 pm 

Hi Landy, I'm struggling on. :/ Last month I had some tiny moments (as in, really, just a moment!) where I felt slightly calmer and things seemed maybe possibly able to get better? But then I crashed right now again, which is where I am right now, ugh.

How are you getting on??

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:00 am 

Hi Diffuse

Hope things continue to get a bit better for you. How many injections have you had and what strength oestrogen are you taking?

Are you planning on taking progesterone every 3 months and in what form?

Well I am a bit of a mess at the moment. I stopped the pill as the joint pains were too bad on it. I then naively tried Agnus Cactus, within 2 weeks I was a complete pms mess (made me realise that although the pill and then the oestrogen/mirena combo were bad, they did get rid of some symptoms!).

So I bit the bullet and finally had the zoladex jab on Monday. So only a few days in. I have had insomnia since and feel faint and hot and quite down. I don't know if this coincidence and I am just feeling low because it's been going on so long and I don't feel like I have had a good break from it lately with changing from one treatment to the next.

Did you get side effects from the first injection?

I think my mind is racing about the future i.e. what will I do, ovary removal, what if I can't take any progesterone, full hysterectomy and back around in circles!! :roll:

A lot of ladies seem to get relief on these injections and that is all that is keeping me going at the moment. I am off sick today and yesterday as just so drained with it all. Gonna try and give myself a kick up the backside but it's hard isn't it?!

Let me know how you get on and good luck!

x

Aged 44. History of endo. and period problems. Started seriously trying to sort August 2013 with BC pills, then tried coil and oestrogen, now trying another pill. Going to try GnRH next. Suffer more with physical symptoms although mood is affected too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:49 pm 

Hi Landy, replying to you here as well as in the other thread. :)

It seems quite common to have really strong side effects with the first injection -- I hope they calm down for you soon too!

(One thing I noticed that I think I haven't mentioned so far is that it's made my hair thinner, sigh. I know that's to be expected with what is, after all, menopause, and I'd rather have that than the joint pain, etc.)

I know what you mean about feeling like you don't get a break between treatments! But then I feel like if I stopped treatment at all for a while, it'd be... really quite dangerous for my mental state. :/ (and plus I feel like... I don't know, I don't want to give the consultant or clinic a chance to forget about me! :lol: )

Hang in there, and thank you for sharing your experience -- it helps to know I am not alone!!!!

Offline Profile