It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Introduction and question about treatment
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:31 am 

Hello Ladies

Thanks so much for the info. I guess what threw me was the doctor I went to see insisted there were no side effects or health concerns with the treatment, I researched a little deeper independently and it has worried me somewhat, I will ask him on my next visit.
I can't totally knock what I have been given, I feel so much myself but because I’ve had a lot of trouble with my symptoms over the years it’s hard to believe I've found something that works (most of the time anyhow).

PMDD survivor, it's amazing you’re still so active on here. That does sound like a very intense form and if I’m honest, not too far off from some of my own stories, which I'm perhaps not brave enough to divulge.

It was the worst from 2010-2013 for me, I think following on from that period, and after I realised what was happening, that I wasn’t just crazy, I tried (and not always successfully) to take ownership over what was happening through routine, diet and the odd tramadol. Tramadol stops pain and raises serotonin, I’m not saying it’s the answer and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone with an addictive personality but I took about two a month to get me through the really really hard days. It was the preferable option to taking anti-depressants full time for me.

I feel bad for younger women who can’t make head nor tail of what is happening, I got through dance school in my teens and early 20's with regular break downs, I thought it was the training, now i know it wasn’t.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:06 pm 

Bee, let us know how you get on. All the best. Jx

38 years old. Suffered PMDD for many many years. Had very successful treatment on GnRH Analogues and oestrogen only HRT. Had TAH + BSO 15/11/12 for severe complex atypical hyperplasia. Hopefully now completely symptom free permanently.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:43 pm 

Hello all

Bit confused..

So, my first prog dose is due in a week and a half. Just to remind i'm on two pumps of oestrogen a day and i am currently on my second natural period since starting the treatment so it seems my cycle has not been affected.. it's a better period, less stress, still heavy though, I spent the weekend in Venice, came on, on sunday and apart from being a bit teary and angry on the day I came on I was fine, i guess it was like having a normal period for the first time in ages. I'm just wondering if i'm bleeding normally why do I have to take the prog? in which case I will probably get two periods this month!

Any advice, or experience with this greatly appreciated, of course I am going to be on the phone to my doctors this week too.

Thanks xBee

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:54 pm 

Hey Bee,

It may be that 2 pumps of gel isn't enough to suppress your natural cycle and you may need more. Would be worth checking with your doc before taking the prog just in case you can delay it for another month or so. Good luck, Jx

38 years old. Suffered PMDD for many many years. Had very successful treatment on GnRH Analogues and oestrogen only HRT. Had TAH + BSO 15/11/12 for severe complex atypical hyperplasia. Hopefully now completely symptom free permanently.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:27 pm 

Hello Bee

It looks like we are at a similar stage in our treatment. I am on estradot patches and progesterone pessaries. The doc told me my side effects would be hunger and sore breasts! So far I can't sleep properly and now that I have the progesterone I feel angry. I too want to feel like I used to on the good half of the month and am scared I am losing this with the drugs. I do know though that I have to keep going for at least a month as I am only on week 2 of treatment. I definitely feel odd - a bit speedy and then a bit cross with a glimmer of happy in the middle.

Good luck with it all.

Jo

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:41 pm 

Hello again

Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect when the progesterone pessaries kick in? I am very nervous and have a husband and 3 year old daughter - I don't want to be a lunatic with them - the pmt has been bad enough!

Thanks,

Jo

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:58 am 

Thanks J

Yes, I'm trying to get some dialogue going between me and my doctor, so far I have been advised by his receptionist to take it as prescribed which basically means it's like two periods a month!

I just don't understand why I need to take the prog to produce a bleed when this is happening anyway naturally, I don't think he will put me up a dose until my next consultation.

JoJordan, the gel has really helped me especially before my period which was before the worst time, as I said my natural cycle hasn't been effected on my dose, all though they said it can take a few months.. the first few days of my last period were quite emotional.
I take my gel in the morning so that I'm tired at night

xbee

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:29 pm 

Hi Bee

It's all so confusing isn't it!

I am finding the progesterone very hardcore and don't know if I'm going to be able to stay on it. It's only day 2 and I'm finding that I am hyper and cross with everything. Hmmm......

Good luck to you.

Jo

Offline Profile