It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Anyone else experience this?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:30 am 

Hi all, I'm 28 and was diagnosed with PMDD three years ago. Up until recently, everything has run like (awful but predictable) clockwork. The last six months or so, things have shifted a bit. Having been to the doc and told there's nothing else to be concerned about I'm curious to know if anyone has experienced severe mood swings in the three or four days BEFORE ovulation? This has begun to happen to me and is particularly difficult to deal with as it eats into my ten or so days on vague sanity.

Ovulation was always the worst point for me - or at least it felt that way as the change in mood is so dramatic & quick and I suffer from terrible pelvic floor spasms at that point (unlike my relatively pain free periods). But now, I am currently 3 days away from ovulation and am already beginning to notice the signs. Anyone else experienced this?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Anyone else experience this?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:01 am 

Hi, This hasn't happened to me but I wanted to reply to let you know you're not alone in your suffering.

Are you still tracking your symptoms? Has your cycle length changed at all? What about treatments? Are you on anything to help with your PMDD? This could be affecting your cycle/symptoms.

Hang in there - hopefully you'll find your answers soon.

38 years old. Suffered PMDD for many many years. Had very successful treatment on GnRH Analogues and oestrogen only HRT. Had TAH + BSO 15/11/12 for severe complex atypical hyperplasia. Hopefully now completely symptom free permanently.

Offline Profile