It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: My surgery journey
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:33 pm 

Ive decided to begin a new thread where I can post my surgery journey - I have found this site very useful however some threads are a little old so a new up to date thread might be helpful.

Hysterectomy and bi lateral oophorectomy – NHS

Today its op-day minus 5
I found yesterday morning that my Surgery has been brought forward by two weeks so I’m likely to spend the next few days busily preparing for my hospitalisation. At least I will be busy and have things to organise to occupy my racing mind.
Yesterday I went for pre op assessment, which included a general health check, height, weight, temperature and blood pressure recorded. Groin and nasal swabs, blood tests done and baseline ECG. I’ve been given a million leaflets on the procedure, bedtime reading!
I have an antibacterial body wash to use from tomorrow as well as, a nasal ointment for 3 times a day – also for use from tomorrow.
I have some preload sachets (basically to carb load), to drink two the night before and one on morning of operation.
Everything went well and all set for the 3rd august 2016

Today is my last day at work as I had already planned some annual leave to send the days with my 9 year old daughter, so I’ve mostly been finishing off some work, tying off the loose ends and handing over what things can be handed over.
I hardly slept last night, not really due to worry but more the feeling of needing to get things organised, feel like I have a lot to do – not only with work and operation but also because my daughter is going on holiday with her grandparents for two weeks the day after my op – so have two sets of bags to get packing.
I never really bothered that much before – but all of a sudden I have an overwhelming urge to clean my windows and defrost my freezer – it like nesting all over again!

Offline Profile