It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:32 pm 

I know this forum doesn't get much traffic, in fact i didn't get any replies to my last post, but I don't know who else to ask, and Google isn't throwing up much that is helpful.
When I saw the gynae in January, he said to come off the pill and that the next thing would be to have Gnrh analog treatment. I said I wanted time to think about it and research it. In the interim I came off fluoxetine because I knew it wasn't helping anymore. I thought about it and decided in would give the gnrh analog treatment a go. But at my gynae appointment I saw a different consultant, who said that wasn't a good idea. And instead has prescribed me Yasmin contraceptive pill to take continuously for 3 months. This was a few weeks ago. I haven’t started taking it, because I am worried. I can't find anything on the Internet about people taking yasmin CONTINOUSLY for PMS. And I'm worried about side effects. I also feel like I don't have any trust in the consultants. Either of the ones I saw. Does anyone else take yasmin for pms?
I have just got my period after a horrific PMS week and a half of suicidal thoughts, extreme mood swings etc etc and now I'm thinking of just trying the yasmin, but I'm scared.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Help
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:49 pm 

Hi Hopeful,

There is no evidence to suggest taking a pill continuously causes any harm at all with regards to not having a bleed so don't be worried about that.

i have never tried Yasmin but it does get some good feedback as it's one of the newer pills and some women find that it helps with symptoms. Personally I tried a few cocs and reacted to them all but everyone is different. My preferred route was the GnRH analogues and I was very well on them (after they licked in and I got HRT sorted out).

Nick Panay recommends Yasmin here (Ctrl F to find it on the page)

http://nickpanay.com/Papers%20pdf/Manag ... erview.pdf

Worth a try I would say. If it is no good, you always have GnRH to consider as well. Good luck - hang in there, and stay strong. x

38 years old. Suffered PMDD for many many years. Had very successful treatment on GnRH Analogues and oestrogen only HRT. Had TAH + BSO 15/11/12 for severe complex atypical hyperplasia. Hopefully now completely symptom free permanently.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Help
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:35 am 

Thanks so much for your reply - I really appreciate it.
It's really easy to feel really alone with this!
I have decided to try the yasmin - because I don't really have any other choice, but I have never got on well being on the pill.
Thanks again or getting back to me, and for the link

Offline Profile