It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Feeling hopeless
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:56 am 

PMDD has ruined my life. The depression is unbearable. I still have ten days to go till menstruation and I'm lethargic and terribly low and confused. My face and stomach are bloated.I can't face seeing people. I've cancelled everything in my diary. I'm craving sugar and hungry all the time. The HRT Oestrogen patches and pills and Progesterone/testosterone combination simply aren't working. Considering moving onto GNRH analogues but worried about side effects especially osteoporosis and weight gain and premature ageing.

I feel hopeless. Please advise.

Kit

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Feeling hopeless
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:50 pm 

Hi Kitz,

Apologies for late reply. I hope that day 1 has arrived and you are starting to feel better again.

I used GnRH analogues for many years and loved them. No cycle, no problems. Yes tehre are side effects but for me they were much better than the pmdd.

I gained a bit of weight but nothing major and osteoporosis can be prevented by using HRT and also keeping an eye on dexa scans. If you are going to start them, maybe ask your doctor for a baseline scan before you start them.

Hope this helps.

Jx

38 years old. Suffered PMDD for many many years. Had very successful treatment on GnRH Analogues and oestrogen only HRT. Had TAH + BSO 15/11/12 for severe complex atypical hyperplasia. Hopefully now completely symptom free permanently.

Offline Profile