It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: HI everyone, I have a feeling im no longer alone
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:45 pm 

HI all,

I’m a newbie on this forum. It was recommended by my Consultant. I’ve been suffering with severe pms for probably about 6 years or so which is worsening by the month. After three years of trying just about everything my GP could offer he finally referred me to a consultant and within 30 minutes, I’d been diagnosed and had a treatment plan – she was amazing- I’m having my first gnrh injection on Thursday. The longer term outlook is that a hysterectomy is likely but have to have the injections for 6 months first.

If anyone has any words of wisdom id greatly appreciate it! – I’m really nervous but also excited by the prospect at getting some sort of normal life back.

Im amazed how I have held on to my job, that my husband hasn’t walked out and my 7 year old daughter appears quite normal !

From reading some of your posts its nice to know I’m no longer alone

Donna
:P

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: HI everyone, I have a feeling im no longer alone
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:13 pm 

Hi there Donna and welcome to NAPS.

I used the GnRH injections for over 4 years and LOVED them. The properly sorted out my hormonal issues.

In case you haven't been warned (and it doesn't happen to everyone) the first 2 weeks after the injections can be a bit iffy as there is an "outpouring of hormones" as it starts to get to work. After that, it settles and you get to feel what it's like without the ups and downs of the menstrual cycle - bliss. After that, you may or may not consider HRT to combat the menopause symptoms (caused by the injections) but that's a story for another day.

Hope you get on well with the injections and please let us know how you're doing.

Also, (and again it may or may not happen to you) but I ALWAYS got my injections early (as I was terrified of them wearing off) so if on 3 monthly, I gotthem every 10 weeks and if on monthly, every 3. Once you are settled on them, you will soon work out what's best for you. Good luck and keep in touch, Jx

38 years old. Suffered PMDD for many many years. Had very successful treatment on GnRH Analogues and oestrogen only HRT. Had TAH + BSO 15/11/12 for severe complex atypical hyperplasia. Hopefully now completely symptom free permanently.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:37 pm 

Thank you thats great to know.

Im only 35 and am daunted by having the menopausal symptoms however i guess im going to get them eventually so why not have it now and enjoy the relief of no more crazy mad lady every month

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:10 pm 

Hi,I've followed this forum for 3 years but this is the first post I've written. I suffered with pmdd for 20 years and honestly looking back I truly don't know how I survived. These wonderful people gave me hope. My story , useless doctors,wrong meds to treat migraines so severe I couldn't stand up for weeks, anti convulsant drugs to try and control them the list goes on... I researched and stumbled onto this site. What a revelation, I was not alone. There were other people with stories like mine! Surviving with families, kids, jobs. A consultant was found, was put on gnrh injection for a year. They did wear off so keep on top of them. Total hysterectomy and oophrectomy last August... The second I woke up I felt emotionally stable, a new experience, couldn't believe that this as how people felt all the time! Normal! I am on eosrtogen patches and only had 2 hot flashes just after the opp. Don't be afraid go for it and take control . promise you won't regret. Life is wonderful, so glad I never gave up. :D

Offline Profile