It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:25 pm 

Hi, I'm new to naps. Just wanted to introduce myself. I suffered with PND after my son was born 17 years ago.
Since then I have suffered on and off with depression and PMS. Earlier this year I became very low in mood and had to take time off work. Medication was changed, I started exercising regularly (which helped me) and all improved. Unfortunately last few months I have noticed definite changes in me in the 2 weeks before my period. I become so angry, sad or feel nothing at all, can't be around people,either don't eat or binge on the bad stuff, clumsy, tearful. I am like a different person. When my period starts I am then low mood and crying for few days. So I basically have approx 1 week and half per month when Im 'ok'. I can't live like this and have seen my gp today. She has increased my dose of medication (as this med worked for me initially she feels upping the dose will help) & referred me to CBT. My relationship with my partner is struggling greatly cos of this. He has been supportive & understanding but to be honest its now wearing thin & I cant blame him. During the PMS how I am feels so real to me I have told him to go, call it off, with no feelings at all but he still here. How much longer? Also Im worried re: having to be off work again. Its strictly monitored. Doesnt matter if genuine with sick note etc and I work in nhs!. Sorry for waffle. X

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:50 pm 

Hi and welcome Lisa,

Sounds like you've had a rough ride for a good few years. Good that you have a GP who's on board. Hopefully you'll notice a difference with an increase in medication and some CBT. Have you ever tried CBT before? Fingers crossed it'll do the trick and your partner will see that all is well once again.
I laughed out loud when you said about sicknotes and the NHS. I've been there and they are one of the least supportive organisations when it comes to genuine staff illness. Been there and have the tshirt!

All the best with your treatment, hope it does the trick. Let us know how you get on. Jx

38 years old. Suffered PMDD for many many years. Had very successful treatment on GnRH Analogues and oestrogen only HRT. Had TAH + BSO 15/11/12 for severe complex atypical hyperplasia. Hopefully now completely symptom free permanently.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:47 pm 

Thank u. Its nice to talk to people who truly understand x

Offline Profile