It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: estradot/ progesterone treatment
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:34 pm 

Hello everyone

So good to be on this site!

I have recently been put on estradot (hrt) and the oestrogen has given me insomnia and making me feel hyper - has anyone else got any experience of this?

Thanks,

Jo

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: estradot/ progesterone treatment
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:14 pm 

Hey Jo,

Welcome to NAPS.

What dose are you on and when do you change the patch (morning or night)? How long have you been on it? It should settle after a while but when you change your patch may be making things worse maybe?

Jx

38 years old. Suffered PMDD for many many years. Had very successful treatment on GnRH Analogues and oestrogen only HRT. Had TAH + BSO 15/11/12 for severe complex atypical hyperplasia. Hopefully now completely symptom free permanently.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:57 am 

Thanks so much for replying. I am on 100 micrograms a day so I change the patch once every 4 days - on a Tuesday and Friday morning. I am starting the progesterone pessaries today and hope I am not intolerant. Think I am at the beginning of a long road to sorting this out. I am 44 now and the pms is intolerable for me and everyone around me....

I am so happy you have had success x

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:59 am 

I have been on it for a week. I just feel a bit out of control. With pms I know when it comes and what to expect and would organise my life around the off weeks - with this it's all new and I feel a bit scared...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:50 pm 

It can take a good few weeks for the patches to get into your system and settle down so it may be that it will given time. Failing that, maybe the dose is a wee bit too high, but obviously if you have concerns about this, you'll need to speak to your doctor. Hope you get on ok with the pessaries. Jx

38 years old. Suffered PMDD for many many years. Had very successful treatment on GnRH Analogues and oestrogen only HRT. Had TAH + BSO 15/11/12 for severe complex atypical hyperplasia. Hopefully now completely symptom free permanently.

Offline Profile