It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hysterectomy date received today!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:32 pm 

Hi ladies ;)) I have been to see my consultant today and been given a date In January for a total hysterectomy and oopherectomy, hopefully to be done keyhole. I have been on Professor Studds regime for 3yrs now and have been told I now have the complication of Complex Hyperplasia. The coil can help this but they ain't putting that thing inside me ever again! I don't tolerate it well at all. Very tearful, angry etc..... Not good! I did have it put in approx 3 months ago. Within 2weeks I felt horrid! Phoned professors office in floods of years, his secretary said "get it out today!" So , I'm here now stressing over the op. I'm scared as I did have PND after my first bAby in 2000, when I had Zoladex (2yrs post natal) I felt right back to PND again 21 days after first injection. I didn't have anymore and I didn't have any add back HRT.
So to cut a very long story short, I've been on professors regime for 3 yrs, since that time I have opened my own business!! Something I could never dream of before.
Anyone else had hysto done keyhole? What's a realistic recovery time? Would you say stay on the oestrogen post op, or try implant? Any advise or reassurance would be great right now,
Thank you all xxxx

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hysterectomy date received today!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:52 pm 

Hi Charb

I had my op done keyhole with vaginal assist on 15th Aug this yr. I was in hosp 1 night, my surgeon did not use vaginal packing, catheter or morphine pump BUT I was fine with that and did well post op. I personally found the day of the op I felt great, mentally soooooooooooo releived that I really had kissed goodbye to my ovaries :P I asked my surgeon before and after if she def took them lol! The day after I was pretty beaten up feeling but thats expected. I went home and rested for couple weeks, you will hear many different opinions on how long people rested for. I found myself going stir crazy as most people do and your body will alert you if its done too much. As for oestrogen I was on 2 pumps per day of e gel pre op and thats not much but it did curb my meno symptoms so I ticked along ok. I upped it to 4 pumps a couple weeks post op and when I saw my meno doc 6wks post op he changed me to an e patch due to my e bloods being low (although I thought I felt ok?) I have 2 small incision scars on my abdo either side of my belly button and they healed well. I had differing opinions on resuming daily activities from almost everyone, a GP saying I could be back at work after 2wks!!!!!!!!!! A diff GP saying 2-3mths?? I ended up having 10wks off, only been back 2wks and have been driving since about 4wks as I recall but no great distances.

Most everyone will have their own version of this story but for me being rid of pmdd was 100% worth it :D Good luck xxx

Pms-pmdd sufferer for over 20yrs. Tried several natural therapies and medical ones for years. Total hysterectomy and oopherectomy 15.8.13 I'm FREE!!! On oestrogen and testo only now, life has begun :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hysterectomy date received today!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:45 am 

Hi Charb,

Im really interested in the regime you were on under Professor Stubb? Also have you had your hysterectomy and how did it go?

Best wishes

Aimee

Offline Profile